OIT » Summer Projects 2012 » SC360 AV Upgrades
In collaboration with the Presidentís Office and Facilities and Services, OIT is in the process of upgrading the technology components of Science Center 360. Following the model successfully employed for the Woodstock Village renovation, this upgrade represents the first part of a two-part renovation that will serve as a model for the AV systems & physical environment for other large lecture halls on campus.
To ensure form follows function, we are initially concentrating on the technology employed in the room that will enhance the teaching environment. The system that is being installed was designed in consultation with audio/video professionals and the faculty who are teaching in the room this fall semester. Over the course of the next academic year we will be meeting regularly with faculty who are teaching in this location to tweak the system to best meet their needs in providing an effective teaching environment. After teaching and lecturing in this space with the new technology, we will make needed adjustments to the technology and take recommendations for improvements to the physical aspects of the space to be completed next summer.
The current upgrades to this space include:
- A three projector, three screen array to allow projection of multiple video sources simultaneously
- An easy-to-use control system
- New whiteboards
- Sound-booth to support live sound for special events
- A podium mounted PC and laptop interface
- A large digitizer tablet to allow real-time of annotation and digital note-taking
- High definition camera to capture images of table-top experiments and activities
- A new audio system and wireless microphones for lecturers
- Capability for live web streaming of courses and guest lectures
- 15 Aug 2012
Topic revision: r2 - 17 Aug 2012 - 09:38:39 - JoshuaFiske