OIT » Network » Proxy Configuration
License agreements with the publishers of online resources prohibit our providing off-campus access to anyone other than current faculty, students, and staff with a Clarkson account. The library uses EZ Proxy to authenticate remote users (off-campus) to allow access to restricted resources.
EZ Proxy is a URL rewriting program that dynamically rewrites URLs provided by our database vendors. It allows users to access restricted pages by authentication via IP allowing our users to be anywhere in the world, on any computer, and to use our subscription products with a simple login. This is not to be confused with simple proxy server software (generic products) that control web access--this is not a proxy referral product (a distinction often confused by users).
*** Patrons using the old proxy server (Squid) should reconfigure their browers to no longer use the old proxy URL. EZ Proxy does not require any browser configurations to be made by the user. Your browser simply automatically detects settings. ***
Instructions for Using EZProxy
- "Cookies" must be activated in your browser settings for this service to work.
- When you select the link to a resource requiring authentication, you will be prompted for your Clarkson username and password.
- Once your status is verified, you'll be connected to the resource.
- To log on and access all resources, go to our log on page : Off-Campus Access
- Computer Accounts: You must be a current student or staff member of Clarkson with an active computer account.
- Losing authorization: If you close your browser session (or if your browser crashes) then you'll need to login again.
- Avoiding Additional Login: You must remain within the same browser instance to avoid an additional login. If you open a new instance of your browser (rather than opening a new window or tab in the current instance), you will be required to login again (it is in essence like opening two separate programs).
- Using Links:You must use the resource links from the Library’s website. Using other direct links may not work properly through the proxy.
- Questions about Off-Campus Sign-in: Gayle Berry, email@example.com (315/ 268-4452) or firstname.lastname@example.org (315/268-2297).
- Other Problems: Please direct your questions or comments to OIT, mailto:email@example.com or telephone: (315/268-4357).