This policy is designed to outline the security requirements for the Equipment Storage Room and define the levels of access that are permitted based on job duty.
Provide specific access guidelines and permissions to the Equipment Storage Room based on need.
This policy impacts any individual who has previously had access to the Equipment Storage Room, and those who continue to require access under the new guidelines.
The Equipment Storage Room is to remain secured at all times. At no time should a door be left ajar and un-tended. Individuals requiring access to the Equipment Storage Room must request this access via the Manager of Network Operations and Director of Network Services. Access will be granted for those who can demonstrate a need to access the Equipment Storage Room due to their job duties.
Those authorized to enter the Equipment Storage Room will be issued the appropriate key(s) as dictated by the Key Usage Policy.
Those having access to the Equipment Storage Room will be placed into one of these categories with the resulting level of access:
- Campus Safety and Security
- This group includes all members of the Campus Safety and Security staff.
- Full-Access Staff Members
- This group is comprised of all OIT staff members that are directly responsible for one or more systems housed within the NOC, participate in the on-call schedule and the CIO. Access to the Equipment Storage Room is granted to these individuals at any time.
- Student employees
- This group is comprised of student employees who need to access the Equipment Storage Room during the normal course of their duties. Access will be granted during each student’s normal working hours – business hours only – and via the back door only.
Failure to follow this policy will result in the offender(s) being subject to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal. Individuals who gain access to the Equipment Storage Room by means other than those outlined in this document will be considered trespassing and will be referred to Human Resources or the Dean of Students as appropriate.
NOC – Network Operations Center – Room 222 ERC
Equipment Storage Room – Room 164 Science Center
Authorized Staff member – Staff members of OIT or students employed by OIT who are responsible for system(s) housed within the NOC.
Guest – Anyone not considered an authorized staff member
7.0 Revision History
Draft Policy v0.1 – 05 May 2005 – jfiske
Draft Policy v0.2 – 21 September 2007 – jfiske, bhuntley
Approved Policy v1.0 – 5 November 2013 – jfiske